Concordia Lutheran School Christ-centered

School History and Our Churches

1885
#
1885

Trinity Lutheran Church

In 1858, Trinity Lutheran Church began operation of a Lutheran Elementary School in Peoria.
1930
$
1930

South Jefferson Street

The school was moved from South Jefferson Street to the site of the present church in 1930.
1953 - 1955
#
1953 - 1955

Redeemer Lutheran and Mt. Calvary Lutheran

Redeemer Lutheran and Mt. Calvary Lutheran established day schools at their churches in 1953 and 1955 respectively. The three congregations made a joint study of the community, the educational needs of their churches along with new developments in education leading to the formation of the Lutheran Central School Association and to the establishment of Concordia Lutheran School.

1959
$
1959

Original Building

The original building was dedicated on August 23, 1959, and opened its door in September, 1959.
1968, 1981, 2003, 2016
#
1968, 1981, 2003, 2016

Concordia Lutheran School has Grown

Over time, the building has grown, including additions in 1968, 1981, 2003, and most recently 2016. We are currently in the process of a capital campaign to update the building and the front façade.
Present Day
$
Present Day

The Safety & Security of our Facility

Our campus sits on over six and a half acres with plenty of room for play and outdoor fun. Our most recent addition was a State of the Art Gymnasium and Performance Art Center.  Most importantly, included in this addition is an EF 5 rated storm shelter.  With the expansion of our facilities to accommodate our student population we implemented the latest in connected technologies, the Axis Camera System, to keep our students & facility safe.