In 1858, Trinity Lutheran Church began operation of a Lutheran Elementary School in Peoria. The school was moved from South Jefferson Street to the site of the present church in 1930.
Redeemer Lutheran and Mt. Calvary Lutheran established day schools at their churches in 1953 and 1955 respectively. The three congregations made a joint study of the community, the educational needs of their churches along with new developments in education leading to the formation of the Lutheran Central School Association and to the establishment of Concordia Lutheran School. The original building was dedicated on August 23, 1959, and opened its door in September, 1959.
Over time, the building has grown, including additions in 1968, 1981, and most recently 2003. We are currently in the process of beginning a capital campaign to build a new all-purpose gymnasium and update the front façade.
Concordia Lutheran School provides a Christ-centered, academically challenging education to equip students for lifelong discipleship.